At last Près De La Forêt has a blog page where we can keep you informed about all the latest news of our holiday house in France, and interesting things that are going on in the area.
Près De La Forêt is the name of our comfortable 3-bedroom house in the village of Huby St Leu, near Hesdin in northern France. There are lots of good reasons for choosing this area for a holiday house – here are some of them:
- It’s only an hour from Calais Ferry Port or the Channel Tunnel
- It’s in the pretty 7 Valleys region which has long been a favourite holiday are for French and Belgian families
- It’s close to the famous beaches of the Cote d’Opale, in cluding Le Touquet, Hardelot and Berck
- There are several high quality golf courses within half an hour’s drive – including the top quality courses at Le Touquet, Hardelot, and Belle Dune
- The 7 valleys is great walking, biking and riding country
- It’s ideal for nature lovers and bird spotters
- The town of Hesdin is a pretty and historic old market town
- The battlefields of Agincourt (1415) and Crecy (1345) are close by. Many First World War battlefields and memorials, including those of the Somme (1916) are just an hour or so away
- Good quality restaurants offering meals at reasonable prices abound in the area
- You can visit many chateaux, theme parks, museums and other historic sites in the area
- The strikingly pretty and historic town of Montreuil sur Mer with its cobbled streets and ancient fortified ramparts is just a few minutes away
- The restaurant “La Grenouillere” near Montreuil was recently voted the 54th best restaurant in the world! Make sure your credit card will stand the strain, though
You can enjoy a taste of life in the real French countryside by booking a family holiday, or just a short break, at Près De La Forêt. What are you waiting for? An invitation from President Hollande?